A Well Oiled Machine?
- OR’s are the among the most profitable hospital departments
- OR turnaround is delayed in large part by inefficiencies in communication
- Staffers in some OR’s spend more than five hours per day making inter-department phone calls
Maximize profits in your facility’s OR by streamlining operations. Use one of VIZZIA‘s real-time location systems (RTLS) to achieve unprecedented efficiency.
Efficiency: From Pre-Op to PACU
VIZZIA’s RTLS solutions help hospitals streamline the surgical process, from prep to post-op. Using RTLS technology, VIZZIA gathers data on patient movement and key interactions to identify logjams and improve processes. By automating status updates, the system instantly alerts doctors and other clinicians when they’re needed in the OR. Watch as case loads increase and diversions dwindle. Here are some benefits of VIZZIA RTLS for surgical services:
- Increase case volume
- Decrease OR turnaround time
- Inform families instantly when loved ones have finished surgery
- Easily integrate VIZZIA infrastructure with surgery scheduling systems
- Improve staff safety with automatic log of patient interactions
- Dramatically reduce inter-department phone calls
- Increase staff satisfaction
How RTLS Works for Patient Throughput
VIZZIA offers a variety of technology options, each of which provides unique benefits for different facilities’ needs. Each system employs a different tracking mechanism, but all RTLS infrastructures function similarly.
VIZZIA offers a variety of technology options, each of which provides unique benefits for different facilities’ surgical-services needs. Each system employs a different tracking mechanism, but all RTLS infrastructures function similarly. VIZZIA only recommends RTLS systems for tracking patient throughput in the OR. Real-time visibility is essential.
- Network devices are installed on ceilings throughout the hospital. Each device is assigned a location code.
- Every staffer who comes in contact with patients in the O.R. is assigned a small I.D. tag that contains a unique identification code. Each surgery patient also receives an I.D. tag.
- (A) Staff/patient tags trade information with location devices (utilizing triangulation, infrared, ultrasound, etc.) to learn each tag’s unique location.
- (B) Each tag’s unique location and identification number transmits to network devices.
- At the beginning and end of a patient/staffer interaction, the staffer pushes a designated button on both I.D. badges to alert the network that an interaction is taking place.
- (C) Information (including the length of every interaction and the length of patient wait times along the way) is transmitted over the network to a server (D) and then over the Internet (E) to VIZZIA’s advanced mapping and analytics software, where O.R.managers, nurses and other relevant staffers can view patient, workflow and interaction data.
- Users can also search for specific events and run detailed location-, patient-, staffer- and interaction-based statistical reports.
- VIZZIA analyzes the data, identifies logjams and determines the best possible solution for each efficiency-related problem.
Optimize Your ROI
Beyond providing the hardware and software infrastructure for a hospital’s surgical-services tracking system, VIZZIA also offers advanced analytics, consulting, deployments, change management and business process outsourcing. Why? Because at VIZZIA we know that technology alone can’t solve problems. It’s our goal to empower our customers with the tools they need to make the most out of their RTLS investment. Learn more about “The VIZZIA Difference” in the Consulting Services section.